|For members of the NAS, NAE, NAM, and International Human Rights Network:|
|Help us support the rights |
of scientists, engineers,
and health professionals
GIVE TO CHR
Committee on Human Rights
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
500 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Phone: (202) 334-3043
Fax: (202) 334-2225
Make a Financial Contribution to Our Work
The Committee on Human Rights welcomes contributions to its core fund as well as suggestions on potential sources of support for its general program funding. Your gift helps scientists, engineers, and health professionals around the world who have been subjected to severe repression for peacefully exercising their basic human rights.
- To access the secure, on-line giving tool, please click here. Please note that you must specifically select the Committee on Human Rights at the top of the form when making on-line donations.
- Our printable donation form provides an easy way to mail or fax your gift. To make your gift via telephone, please be ready to provide the information on the donation form and then call the Development Office at (202) 334-2431. As a reminder, you must specifically select the Committee on Human Rights on the form when mailing in a donation.
- Explore our planned giving program for gifts such as bequests, charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, and retirement plans.
- Did you know your gift may be eligible for matching dollars if a corporation or foundation with a matching gifts program employs you or a family member? Often, retirees and directors qualify for this benefit as well. This is a fantastic way to double or even triple your donation!
- A gift of long-term appreciated stock (more than one year) allows you to avoid capital gains tax. When itemizing your deductions, you can deduct the fair market value of the stock. If you choose this option, please complete and submit our stock gift form and contact us at (202) 334-2431 so that we can accurately credit your contribution.
Gifts and grants are tax-deductible when made to the National Academy of Sciences, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, which includes the National Academy of Engineering and National Academy of Medicine. The NAS tax identification number is 53-0196932. For your reference, a copy of our 501(c)(3) Tax Determination Letter is available to download.
The NAE’s independent assets and operating funds are held in the National Academy of Engineering Fund (NAEF), a tax-exempt corporation under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and a Type I supporting organization under IRC section 509 (a) (3). NAEF was created to support the mission and goals of the NAE. The NAEF tax identification number is 23-7284092.
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine proudly adhere to a Donor Bill of Rights, allowing you as our donor, to have complete confidence that your wishes will be respected.